I think it’s only fitting that the first post on the newly designed Captivate Seattle should be about Mt. Rainier. With over 2 million visitors annually, it is sure to captivate all who see it, whether at a distance, at the base or from on top.
Here are some facts about Mt. Rainier:
- Established as a National Park in 1899
- Mt. Rainier encompasses 378 sq miles
- Elevation: 14,411 feet above sea level
- Active volcano, likely to erupt again
- Last Volcanic activity: mid 1800s
- 39 sq miles of glacier – largest in the US
Whether you are into hiking, climbing, bird watching or just want to let Mt. Rainier captivate you with it’s natural beauty, you won’t be disappointed. for more information you can call the sunrise Visitor Center at 360-663-2425 or visit the Mount Rainier National Park website.